Sunday, December 18, 2011

Jordan's Trip

New Zealand is on the other side of  the world, so it is summer. In New Zealand they still speak English but they use different words that have different meanings:


  • HOT DOG      means     CHEERIO
  • TRUNK          means      BOOT
  • CANDY         means       LOLLIES
  • DIAPERS       mean         NAPPIES
Today I met my cousins for the first time.  They were fun to play cricket with.  This is a New Zealand sport that I will talk more about soon.  Maybe I will even teach it to my class.  Off to go have some LOLLIES!  Have Fun at the Christmas Concert! (FROM JORDAN)

1 comment:

  1. GREAT PICS AND GREAT WRITING, LOVE TO FOLLOW THIS, EVERYONE DOES LOOK GREAT FOR A TRIP THAT LONG, JORDAN YOU WILL HAVE A WHOLE NEW VOCABULARY, JOSH ANOTHER GAME TO PLAY AND TAYLOR, WELL MY BUSY GIRL, YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING NEW I AM SURE, SAY HI TO ALL, AND GLAD EVERYONE GOT TO MEET FAMILY WITH MORE COMING, HAVE A GREAT TIME AND A GREAT CHRISTMAS MOM (GRAMMA)

    ReplyDelete